- Health inspectors fail 10 food spots, close six since May
- First quarter brings two closures, 18 restaurant failures
- Health district makes moves toward online restaurant reports; publicizing results still under discussion
- Making the Grade: How restaurants in Champaign County measure up
- Two Champaign restaurants failed inspections in March
- Restaurants temporarily closed in June for failing health inspections have similar history
- Food served in Champaign County nursing homes and extended care facilities pass inspections
- One restaurant temporarily shut down, two others failed inspections in July
- Unsafe food temperatures contribute to three failed restaurant inspections in August
- Local health department aims to roll out online inspection reports in the new year
- Moldy Cool Whip, a baby cockroach, and warm raw meat among violations found in 11 area restaurants
- Health inspectors temporarily close five eateries; fail four others
- Six area restaurants fail inspections in November, December
- How to find restaurant inspections at the Champaign-Urbana Public Health District web site
- Restaurant inspections – there’s an app for that!
- Yellow placards go missing in first six months of new system
- Outside Chambana, posting placards is voluntary
- Six food establishments closed for not paying, renewing permits
- Complaints about restaurants on the rise
- Health inspectors temporarily shut down seven Champaign County restaurants, failed seven others
- Cockroaches, stray knife among complaints against restaurants in the past six months
- How to file a restaurant complaint
- Restaurant App
- Roaches and rodent droppings among October health violations
- County opposition to placards grows stronger
- Health inspections temporarily close three restaurants
- Wanted: Your restaurant photos
- Champaign-Urbana Public Health District makes health inspection reports available online
- County set to debate whether posting placards will harm restaurants
- Mold in ice machine, flies in drain among dozens of violations in area restaurants
- Restaurant Inspections: Map, Graphs & Stories
- Trial period over – yellow placards could be coming to a restaurant near you
- Sewage backups, lack of hand-washing among reasons for eight restaurants to fail April inspections
- Champaign County restaurants fail inspections but public never told
Our new restaurant app is here!
Check out this new mobile-friendly tool that allows you to see the health inspection scores of all the restaurants inspected in Champaign County.
Visit Food Health Inspections to begin.
Want to see failures on a map? Visit here
About this project:
For the past five years, Champaign Urbana Public Health District officials have discussed ways to best publicize restaurant inspections.
In 2011, CU-CitizenAccess.org began posting full inspection reports of all restaurants that failed routine health inspections since 2008.
In 2014, health officials released an online search tool that allows the public to access all health inspection reports of food service.
As a service, we continue to post the full reports of failed health inspections as part of our searchable, interactive map.