- Health inspectors fail 10 food spots, close six since May
- First quarter brings two closures, 18 restaurant failures
- Health district makes moves toward online restaurant reports; publicizing results still under discussion
- Making the Grade: How restaurants in Champaign County measure up
- Two Champaign restaurants failed inspections in March
- Restaurants temporarily closed in June for failing health inspections have similar history
- Food served in Champaign County nursing homes and extended care facilities pass inspections
- One restaurant temporarily shut down, two others failed inspections in July
- Unsafe food temperatures contribute to three failed restaurant inspections in August
- Local health department aims to roll out online inspection reports in the new year
- Moldy Cool Whip, a baby cockroach, and warm raw meat among violations found in 11 area restaurants
- Health inspectors temporarily close five eateries; fail four others
- Six area restaurants fail inspections in November, December
- How to find restaurant inspections at the Champaign-Urbana Public Health District web site
- Restaurant inspections – there’s an app for that!
- Yellow placards go missing in first six months of new system
- Outside Chambana, posting placards is voluntary
- Six food establishments closed for not paying, renewing permits
- Complaints about restaurants on the rise
- Health inspectors temporarily shut down seven Champaign County restaurants, failed seven others
- Cockroaches, stray knife among complaints against restaurants in the past six months
- How to file a restaurant complaint
- Restaurant App
- Roaches and rodent droppings among October health violations
- County opposition to placards grows stronger
- Health inspections temporarily close three restaurants
- Wanted: Your restaurant photos
- Champaign-Urbana Public Health District makes health inspection reports available online
- County set to debate whether posting placards will harm restaurants
- Mold in ice machine, flies in drain among dozens of violations in area restaurants
- Restaurant Inspections: Map, Graphs & Stories
- Trial period over – yellow placards could be coming to a restaurant near you
- Sewage backups, lack of hand-washing among reasons for eight restaurants to fail April inspections
- Champaign County restaurants fail inspections but public never told
By Acton Gorton/CU-CitizenAccess – Some good news for retirees living in Champaign County nursing homes: none of the in-house kitchens and dining facilities have failed health inspections in the past two years.
The best scoring nursing home is Illini Heritage Rehab and Health Care Center, located at 1315B Curt Dr. in Champaign, with an average score of 93.5 points.
And while not having failed any inspections, the worst score belongs to the Champaign County Nursing Home, located at 500 S. Bartell Dr. in Urbana, with an average score of 59.5 points.
To fail a health inspection, a dining establishment must score less than 36 points out of 100 during an inspection.
As a part of an ongoing look into the quality of eating establishments in Champaign County, CU-CitizenAccess.org routinely requests inspection records from the Champaign-Urbana Public Health District.
CU-CitizenAccess.org originally requested only failed inspections dating from 2007, but began collecting all health inspections in 2012.
To see which restaurants have failed inspections, visit our online application at http://www.cu-citizenaccess.org/feature/restaurant-inspections
Nursing and Extended Care Facilities
Nursing and extended care facilities located in Champaign County are listed below, along with their recent inspections.
To see how these facilities rank according to federal Medicare guidelines, visit http://1.usa.gov/17foRAi.
Champaign County Nursing Home
500 S. Art Bartell Dr.
Urbana, IL 61802
Champaign Urbana Nursing & Rehabilitation
302 W. Burwash Ave.
Savoy, IL 61874
101 W. Windsor Rd.
Urbana, IL 61801
R.R. 1, Box 14
Gifford, IL 61847
Heartland Health Care Center
309 E. Springfield Ave.
Champaign, IL 61820
Helia Healthcare of Champaign
1915 S. Mattis Ave.
Champaign, IL 61821
Illini Heritage Rehab & Healthcare
1315B Curt Dr.
Champaign, IL 61820